X570 boards have a lot of connectivity and bandwidth on offer and most motherboards swap these around for other features. Mostly in the mainstream space, people will rarely max out their motherboards and connections for I/O especially seems to be favored. Still, you’d want something that can still handle such for either a loaded gaming machine or professional use. Enter the ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING motherboard. Most familiar with the ROG STRIX line know that these is ASUS’ mainstream motherboard segment and also know ASUS likes to play around with the designs of the boards in this segment, shaking around connectivity options and features and eventually releasing 5 or more boards in the process. This time around we have, to the best of my knowledge, only 3 releases for the ROG Strix. This refinement allows less contention and a bit more specialization for the series just like the main ROG series.
In this review, we’ll take a look at the ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING, a mainstream motherboard offering from ASUS borrowing a lot from the ROG products but offering them for less cost. Read on to find out more about this motherboard in this review.
- AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 GRB headers
- Optimal Power Solution: 12+4 power stages with ProCool II power connector, alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Comprehensive cooling: Active chipset heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm heatpipe, dual on-board M.2 heatsinks and a water pump + header
- Gaming connectivity: Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and features dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2.5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO, and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig
- Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action
- Easy DIY: ROG-patented pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, ASUS Node connector and BIOS FlashBack™ for a friendlier building experience