With the conclusion of the Ragnarok World Championship a few days before at Jakarta Indonesia, our representative team, Team PH aka Team Naked Babies takes away the third place spot against team Taiwan.
Here’s a short recap taken from GMTristan’s blog who was with the team for the whole duration of the competition:
- Sept. 30, 2010 (Thursday) – Arrived in Jakarta around lunch time via PAL. We were the first team to arrive. Met with the organizers (LYTOâ€¦ thanks to Joshua, our guide and coordinator) and got our tournament kit. We stroll around and sample some local cuisine
- Oct. 1, 2010 (Friday) – Early morning we went to Cafe Batavia, one of the oldest buildings and cafe in Jakarta and then visited the museum nearby. Lunch was with the Brazil Team and then it was back to the hotel for the Welcome Dinner and Match Pairings. I drew the random number and got ourselves a round 1 match vs. Brazil. The strong teams, Korea, Japan and Thailand were far from our bracket.
- Oct 2, 2010 (Saturday) â€“ Day 1 of the matches and opening day of the actual event. RWC 2010 was just above our hotel. First match of the day was PH vs. Â Brazil. We managed to squeeze through that 2-1. Next up was with with France at 2:45. We won that, 2-0. Now it was just Japan that blocked our way to the Finals. We won the first game but they came back from behind to defeat Team Philippines 2-1. Check out my detailed blog post and match summaries here
- Oct 3. 2010 (Sunday) â€“ We battle Taiwan (who were defeated by Thailand) for 3rd place. We win against them and get 3rd place. Thailand and Japan had an epic match. Thailand prevailed 3-1 for their best-of-series to take home the RWC 2010 Crown. This is their 4th title, if Iâ€™m not mistaken. Congrats to Team Thailand
- Oct 4, 2010 (Monday) â€“ After swimming in the pool and saying goodbye to new friends, Team PH and the Level Up delegation left for Manila via Philippine Airlines at 1:30pm.
So from us here at B2G we congratulate this year’s team PH for getting the third spot in the RWC. While you still couldn’t get through Japan, at least you can say you did your best and earned the spot you guys achieved!
So till RWC2011! Nice job guys!
Leave a Reply