Intel Corporation today reported second-quarter 2021 financial results. “There’s never been a more exciting time to be in the semiconductor industry. The digitization of everything continues to accelerate, creating a vast growth opportunity for us and our customers across core and emerging business areas. With our scale and renewed focus on both innovation and execution, we are uniquely positioned to capitalize on this opportunity, which I believe is merely the beginning of what will be a decade of sustained growth across the industry,” said Pat Gelsinger, Intel CEO. “Our second-quarter results show that our momentum is building, our execution is improving, and customers continue to choose us for leadership products.”
- Announced a $3.5 billion investment to equip Intel’s New Mexico operations for the manufacturing of advanced semiconductor packaging technologies, including Foveros.
- Launched 12 new processors for client, including 11th Gen Intel Core with Intel Iris Xe graphics and Intel Xeon W-11000 series processors with more than 300 designs expected this year.
- Announced partnership with Microsoft including Intel Bridge Technology to deliver better mobile experiences on Windows-powered PCs.
- Leading cloud service providers, including Alibaba, Baidu, Microsoft, and Oracle are offering services based on the latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable (“Ice Lake”) processors.
- Unveiled the Intel Network Platform and expanded networking leadership product portfolio with new FPGA, software, and Ethernet solutions.
- Announced partnership with Ericsson to expand cloud radio access network to increase 5G performance.
- Mobileye and ZF were selected by Toyota Motor Corp to develop advanced driver assistance systems.
- Announced Mobileye as the only company holding an autonomous vehicle testing permit in New York.
- Announced new organizational changes and welcomed renowned technologists to strengthen execution and innovation in critical business areas.
As part of its IDM 2.0 strategy, Intel is accelerating its annual cadence of innovation with new advancements in semiconductor process and packaging. Join the public webcast at newsroom.intel.com at 2 p.m. PDT on Monday, July 26, for more information on Intel’s process and packaging roadmaps.
Additional information regarding Intel’s results can be found in the Q2’21 Earnings Presentation available at www.intc.com.
Leave a Reply