Just recently, we welcomed Skywrath Mage into the DOTA 2 hero pool. Now, we welcome Elder Titan as he enters the playable hero pool this week! Elder Titan is the new name given to the hero we know as â€œTauren Chieftainâ€ in WC3 DotA. If you’ve seen the supposedly leaked images of his skill animation, you would agree that this hero has the potential to “make a slam”. That plus you have to agree he looks quite better compared the first images released with bright yellow and blue scheme.Â As always, you can expect yourself to battle amongst other players in trying to pick Elder Titan in pubs. Since he’s a new hero, well… You know the drill. Now, if you are part of the crowd that has been waiting for Lord of Avernus, too, well, that time is not now… yet. With the recent skill animation previous for Lord of Avernus, I guess it’s safe to say we can expect him soon.
Also in this patch, designers can now play around with Lycanthropeâ€™s wolves, as they have been imported to the Ability Model import list. There are also significant user interface changes including improvements to the Tournament Scheduling interface and Game History and Heroes Played pop-ups for the Profile among other things.
UPDATE: There have been two more additional updates that have been pushed out including bug fixes and changes to Elder Titan as well as the addition of Bristleback, Skywrath Mage, and Slark to Captain’s Mode (Tournament Version).[box_light] UPDATE 1
May 1, 2013
Source: DOTA 2 Dev Forums
– Added Elder Titan!
– Fixed a bug that was allowing extra report submissions on Sundays.
– Revised the Community page.
– Added an icon for league games to the Live, Recent and Downloaded game lists.
– Changed Heroes Played and Game History to be popups in the Profile.
– Numerous improvements to the Tournament Scheduling interface.
– Fixed Buy Back availability in spectator dropdown being inaccurate sometimes.
– Improved web browser performance.
– Fixed hitches when spectating games and switching between heroes.
– New lines added to Skywrath Mage, Timbersaw, and Bristleback.
– Added an Animation Overlay dropdown to the Workshop Model Preview.
– Added Lycanthrope’s wolves to the Ability Model import list.
[/box_light] [box_light] UPDATE 2
May 2, 2013
Source: Â DOTA 2 Dev Forums
– Fixed Dark Pact removing Last Word.
– Fixed Dark Pact not removing Poison Attack.
– Fixed Dark Pact not removing Poison Touch.
– Fixed Dark Pact not removing Telekinesis.
– Fixed chat wheel mouse teleporting.
– Made visual effect of Earth Splitter crack extend to the radius of the effect.
– Dota 2 will no longer generate full crash dumps.
– Added Elder Titan Recommended Items.
– Enabled Bristleback, Skywrath Mage, and Slark to Captain’s Mode (Tournament Version).
[/box_light] [box_light] UPDATE 3
May 2, 2013
Source: DOTA 2 Dev Forums
– Elder Titan: Fixed Echo Stomp dealing magical damage first.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Echo Stomp not having an initial sleep period that is uninterruptable.
– Elder Titan: Fixed cancelling Echo Stomp while the Ancestral Spirit was active causing the Spirit to remain in the world.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Ancestral Spirit not having the correct vision.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Ancestral Spirit being able to move while Echo Stomping.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Ancestral Spirit returning at too quick of a speed.
– Elder Titan: Fixed the tooltip showing level 4 for all levels of Natural Order.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Natural Order working on Ancients.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Natural Order not working on magic immune units.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Earth Splitter not moving units into its center.
– Elder Titan: Fixed Earth Splitter not working with Refresher Orb.
Leave a Reply