It is natural that the idea of the best online casino Canada leads to thoughts on Canadian websites, the same way the excellent land-based casinos there are known for their quality. However, the current approach and regulation level in Canada leave its monopolized online casinos far from the quality of foreign ones, which are still the number one choice of Canadian players.
Therefore, the online casinos that fall among the best ones are provided by overseas companies that studied and adapted to the Canadian public.
What do the Officially Canadian Online Casinos Lack?
First of all, only a few provinces have their own official online casinos. Those offer slot machines, online table games, and even some bonuses to attract new players. However, the quality and variety of those features are still comparable to the less interesting online casinos out there.
In other words, provincial governments in Canada are still far from settling a definitive regulation towards online gambling. Meanwhile, some provinces own a monopoly of those the same way they do with lotteries – which can also be played elsewhere with access to dozens of worldwide lottery games.
The first important thing to be done is to open the market to the other online casinos that already conquered the majority of the Canadian players. Then, while the public online casinos try to match the competition, the government will collect taxes from the very best online casino in Canada and any other that decides to apply for a license there.
How to Find the Best Online Casino in Canada?
While the links to the provincial and official online casinos are quite obvious on their local websites, that is not the case of foreign online casinos. They are licensed in other jurisdictions and finding them usually requires some research. There are two ways of doing it:
- Hard work: searching for keywords related to online casinos that accept Canadian players can show up a lot of results. Knowing how to evaluate them, however, can be quite tricky.
- Review websites: there are specialized websites there that review and give grades to casinos for the Canadian public or for the public in general.
For those who are looking to spare some time and not risk depositing to an unknown casino, using the specialized websites as a reference works better. After all, there are usually other experienced Canadian players responsible for evaluating them.
What Does an Online Casino Need to be the Best in Canada?
In order to be considered the best for Canadian players, an online casino should prove itself valuable when screened using varied parameters. Once again, using a specialized website should make things easier. The following criteria are the same that the provincial online casinos have to improve to match those of the top foreign online casinos:
- Bonuses and promotions: online casinos became natural favorites among those that realize they can double or triple their deposits with bonuses that do not exist in land-based casinos. Therefore, those deals must be evaluated.
- Games and variety: both the number and quality of the games are important to keep the players entertained with something that is worth their time and money. The more excellent providers, the better.
- Payments: fast and efficient deposits and withdrawals make a huge difference in the user experience.
- Platform: being responsive to mobile devices is a must nowadays and having an exclusive iOS and Android app is a plus.
- Licensing and security: every online casino, regardless of its jurisdiction, must be licensed and provide an SSL certificate to protect the users’ data.
Canadian players deserve to play on the best possible website that offers conditions to gamble in a safe and fun manner. Unfortunately, the local options are far too limited in resources and variety to be considered optimal. Instead, foreign companies are supplying players with complete websites that adapt to them, using their currency, Canadian payment methods, and much more.
Until the Canadian government installs a serious proposal to change the way online casinos are regulated, the country will continue to lose money that could be collected in taxes.