Online gambling is a rapidly developing industry in the Arab world, yet many remain unsure as to its legality in their home countries. Each nation within this region has different laws and regulations regarding this form of entertainment – it’s crucial for anyone interested in this field to familiarise themselves with them before diving headfirst into this business sector.
Given that 22 countries make up this region, and each has different viewpoints on online gambling – some ban it altogether, whereas others take a more liberal stance towards it – it is hardly a shock that there appears to be an element of confusion about where it is and where it is not legal.
What is the legal status of online betting in each country?
In order to understand where you can and where you cannot wager online, it is advisable to check out the following breakdown:
- Algeria – not legal
- Bahrain – not legal or regulated, but foreign sites may accept players
- Egypt – unregulated, with many sites accepting players from the country
- Iran – illegal and websites are blocked
- Jordan – players not blocked from accessing foreign sites
- Kuwait – illegal, and players can be prosecuted
- Lebanon – permitted at an officially licensed site, with foreign sites being banned
- Libya – not legal with the government banning sites
- Morocco – online lottery tickets can be purchased, while offshore casinos can be used
- Oman – not available, and the government attempts to block it, but foreign sites are still accessible
- Qatar – illegal, but offshore casinos will accept players
- Saudi Arabia – follows the same process as Oman
- Tunisia – all online gambling is illegal, but the government does not block access, thus allowing players to use an offshore casino
- UAE – all online wagering is considered illegal, and prosecution has been experienced
- Yemen – illegal and foreign websites have been blocked that promote gambling
Online gambling is still possible in the Arab World
While it is clear that the activity has been made illegal in many countries in this part of the world, discretion is required in some of the nations that make up the Arab World, as they have not provided a blanket ban on the activity. This means that is possible to play some of your favorite games when in certain countries.
For instance, you may find that you can sign up at Betfinal Casino and start playing the available games and enjoying the bonuses they regularly offer their players despite being in a country where gambling is considered an illegal activity.
If you are considering playing at an online casino in the region, it is important to make sure you take caution with each enjoyable session. With the activity illegal, there are some consequences that could be experienced. Therefore, being as safe as possible is among the main things a player should look to do.
It is possible to do this by using a VPN to ensure you are protected, and your security is not compromised. This is because it can mask your location while encrypting the connection. Additionally, using a site that offers reputable payment methods is important to ensure you are not being scammed and any transaction made is protected.