It’s 2pm and you are hitting a roadblock at work. The energy with which you have been relying upon has all but disappeared. The moment of peak productivity has passed and it’s declining. Fortunately, there’s one good solution – pick up your phone and play a favourite mobile game. This may sound counterintuitive, especially if you often associate playing games with poor productivity. Mobile gaming won’t only help you to unwind and recharge, there are also other benefits that can help you to become more productive at work:
1. Alleviate stress: This could be the most obvious reason why people play mobile games at work. Smartphones could give employees a convenient and healthy outlet to relieve their mental tension. Instead of chain-smoking in hidden corner of your office, it’s better to find a comfortable place to sit down and play some games. After playing for 15 minutes, you may find it an effective way to recharge your mental energy. It’s the time to think about things other than work. Your brain could recharge and you may refocus. For more information on how to decrease stress and recharge your mental energy, visit https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/psychologists/.
2. Improve creativity: Mobile games are made by creative people. They combine graphics, sound, storylines, designs and enjoyable experience. To keep things interesting, it takes creativity to play these games. By telling people to solve puzzle and solve challenges, these games can feel more exciting to play. In workplace, people often do repetitive tasks, which could stifle creativity and innovation. After playing games regularly, you may start to see things. There could be a few improvements at work that you can do to complete tasks faster and better.
3. Build social networking: One of the reasons to play mobile games is to connect with others. In mobile games, we can see leader boards as well as the ability to collaborate or play against other players. It won’t be hard to find co-workers who regularly play video games as well. During lunchtime, you may play mobile games with people from other departments or teams in the company. Whilst having fun, you can make friends with co-workers in the company or even employees from suppliers, partner companies and other relevant organizations.
4. Enhance memory: When playing mobile games, you need to have good audial and visual memory. Players need to remember what they hear and see. Instructions could be provided before a gaming session begins. Mastery of the buttons on the touch screen display is needed if you want to easily move objects or characters in the game. If you do this every day, you may optimize both long-term and short-term memory.
5. Improve concentration and attention: Action and other fast-moving games require constant attentions throughout the entire session. You need to concentrate continuously to progress to the next level. When playing, your brain needs to respond to multiple visual and audial stimulations quickly. You need to react instantly and if possible, faster than the opposing players. Your brain needs to interpret these stimulators simultaneously and this can help you to perform better at work.
6. Improve multitasking skills: Many mobile games require you to be highly observant and do multiple tasks at once. You need to tap buttons on the touchscreen displays quickly to handle different tasks, such as running while shooting at enemies. It is important to watch various factors, such as oncoming opponents, remaining energy levels, available time, ammunition left and others so you can win the game. You need to react and observe accordingly. It is a skill that you can use in the workplace, especially when you need to complete a few tasks quickly.
There are mobiles that you can find on fonehouse that take your mobile gaming to another level.
Leave a Reply